Job Title: Business Personal Property Appraiser (BPP)
Entry Level Salary: Final Salary Commensurate upon Skills, Qualification, and Experience.
Status: Full Time Position (At-Will)
Terms: Six-Month Probationary Period
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Responsible for performing field appraisal duties and assignments for the BPP Division of Wardlaw Appraisal Group (WAG).
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent (GED)
Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of BPP appraising experience.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, be flexible, have personal initiative, be well-organized, and be a team player. Must have good math and problem-solving skills.
Must be fluent with Windows Operating System and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and Outlook). Must complete Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation courses associated with the Registered Professional Appraiser (RPA) requirements or currently hold an RPA license. Must be able to travel and work overtime.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Perform in appraising Business Personal Property (BPP) property for tax assessment purposes and performs related work as required. Utility and Industrial BPP appraisal preferred. Work outdoors 30%of the time
• Familiarize yourself with all functions of WAG’s appraisal operation.
• Assist WAG staff in all aspects of value estimates, documenting, rendition processing, conducting an inspection, planning, completing assignments, and reporting and familiarize themselves with WAGs software and programs.
• Represent WAG at Appraisal Review Board Hearing.
• Perform data entry and statistical and mathematical functions.
• Establish and maintain adequate records.
• Perform public relations and customer service duties.
• Must be able to cross-train in a different area of WAG’s operation successfully.
• Be professional, have good conduct, and be a team player.
• Perform overtime assignments and all other duties as assigned.
• Must maintain excellent customer service skills with property owners, employees, supervisors, and directors.
• Must maintain open communication with employees, supervisors, and directors proficiently.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Full-Time Employment Benefits: Group Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off, Matching 401k Plan, Flexible Hours
Please email your resume to hr at wardlawappraisal.com